I digiscrapping and my favorite place to scrap online has been with my friends at Deco-Pages! I was a member Creative Team for 4 1/2 years and had the opportunity to make LOs for all the wonderful designers at Deco-Pages. The site is now closed and I miss it so VERY much!

I am taking a break from my digital scrapping...but to prevent withdrawal symptoms, I am on two Creative Teams for now! Check out their blogs and watch here for my layouts with their great kits!

RETRO DESIGNS
HORSEDREAMN DESIGNS



DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON LOs TO GET A LARGER PREVIEW!


Sunday, August 14, 2011

Candy Bouquet for the Ballerina


Being a "novice ballet Nana" I didn't know about the flowers for the ballerinas following the recital.  I had already started making a "candy bouquet" to give to Avery following the recital when Jennifer gave me the heads up on the tradition.  It worked great, however it was so hot that even though I kept the bouquet in a cooler with ice packs, it started melting by the time we got these pictures made!  If you look close, you can see a big candy ladybug on a large candy leaf and 2 small ladybugs on the sunflowers.  I didn't think to ask what Avery costume looked like, so my candy ballerina with a black tutu and red tights didn't match her perfectly, but it was close.  Seeing all these pictures again for the first time since June, I think there's no doubt, Avery had a very special first ballet recital!  You can see I used more ladybugs from Helen's freebie for this kit.  You can see previews of Nouveau Summer and this freebie HERE!

OK...could see real quick when I joined these two I will be making some changes should I ever print these together.  Will have to decide if I would enlarge the family group photo on the left or reduce the photos on the right. I made the pic with bouquet large so it would be seen better.  I can cut some off the top of that photo and adjust every thing on both page to balance them out better. Also will have to make a choice between the backgrounds.  I used a blending technique to bring the gold out on the right side page.  Rather redo now, I think I will just study them and make changes later.  Besides, Luke and Avery will be here for a few days, so I won't be scrapping for a while!  Still have some excess ballerina candy on hand and Luke has started football...can see us making football candy mints while they are here!  

2 comments:

  1. Another fabulous page! Avery is so lucky to have such a sweet Nana - & her sweets. Hard to imagine a more exciting recital for years to come with how special this first one was. I adore her costume too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of an edible bouquet but the entire page is simply delicious! Love the fact that you have 3 entirely different kinds of ladybird in it but the rose frame at the top is definitely pointing towards the most important one. Even though the real and the edible posies have gone forever you´ve helped to make sure that the memory of Avery´s most special day will never fade.

    ReplyDelete