I digiscrapping and my favorite place to scrap online has been with my friends at Deco-Pages! I was a member Creative Team for 4 1/2 years and had the opportunity to make LOs for all the wonderful designers at Deco-Pages. The site is now closed and I miss it so VERY much!

I am taking a break from my digital scrapping...but to prevent withdrawal symptoms, I am on two Creative Teams for now! Check out their blogs and watch here for my layouts with their great kits!

RETRO DESIGNS
HORSEDREAMN DESIGNS



DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON LOs TO GET A LARGER PREVIEW!


Friday, August 5, 2011

Avery's First Ballet Recital

We were high in the balcony, and Avery looked about the size of a Lady Bug...thank goodness for tele-lenses! Beeatrice is a very cute story and so many adorable little insects entered the stage (the backyard) from behind that tree.  For Avery's part of the program, they flooded the stage with red lights as you can see by the background of the stage where I blended her closeup photo taken in the dressing room once stage makeup and glitter had be applied!  I was extracting Avery but ended up leaving her with the stage showing.  Pretty sure there will be some pages with her extracted.

After the Ballet Recital we went to a nearby park to take some pictures of our little Lady Bug Ballerina.  Family and friends present their ballerinas flowers following the recital and these gorgeous roses are from Freddie and Luke...two of her biggest fans!  They both had to admit that though it didn't compare to a drag racing event, the ballet recital was actually fun to watch.

Nouveau Summer provided just what I needed for the first very elegant LO and then for this fun photo of Avery with her roses and family.  You can see previews of Nouveau Summer HERE



3 comments:

  1. Oh, Laj, the ballet page is fabulous! I love the staging, Avery's costume and how you've put it all together. The colors are super. Bet you can do pages and pages from the recital given the time. The extraction with some stage kept is really nice, gives the feel of her movement and connects so well with that swirl. And roses no less! She must have been SO excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful experience for Avery. I will always remember the ballet recital I was in as a child, as I am sure she will remember being the little lady bug! You have created wonderful keepsakes for Avery! How fun for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful! The stage LO is so vibrant and full of life and colour. I love the way you´ve used the swirl and the darting dragonfly to create even more movement. Avery definitely seems to have caught the bug...in more ways than one!
    As for the photo shoot after the recital, that´s just too cute for words. How thrilled Avery must have been to be presented with roses just like a "real" ballerina and what a pretty frame you´ve made for her using the roses from the kit. Personally, I´d say that no drag racing event could compete and I´m sure Avery will agree and cherish these splendid keepsakes you´ve created for her to celebrate her dancing debut.

    ReplyDelete