I digiscrapping and my favorite place to scrap online has been with my friends at Deco-Pages! I was a member Creative Team for 4 1/2 years and had the opportunity to make LOs for all the wonderful designers at Deco-Pages. The site is now closed and I miss it so VERY much!

I am taking a break from my digital scrapping...but to prevent withdrawal symptoms, I am on two Creative Teams for now! Check out their blogs and watch here for my layouts with their great kits!

RETRO DESIGNS
HORSEDREAMN DESIGNS



DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON LOs TO GET A LARGER PREVIEW!


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mom's 80th Birthday Invitations

One more project down...this one is a combination of digital and paper.  Invitation was made digitally and printed on photo paper and then I used a corner punch and mounted the invitations to card stock.  Envelopes also had the flower cluster printed in the bottom left corner with a gold line dividing it and the words 80th Birthday Celebration.  Used the flower cluster again on a label for the back of the envelope giving Mom's mailing address as I know that a number of people invited won't get to come but may want to send her a card.

This Invitation was created using Shabby Chic Rooms Part 3 by Retro Designs.  The flowers in the collage are by Jen Hanson from DECO CLUB KIT-APRIL 10-HOME GROWN GARDEN.  The ivy is by Lori Staton from DECO CLUB KIT-JUNE 08-GARDEN PARTY.

Now, back to Avery's quilt still waiting for me on the dining room table...getting very close!  By the time I get it done, there will be fabric mailed to me for another quilt to be started for a grandson due the first of June.  Had to take a break from projects yesterday to go to town and buy groceries...we were out of everything.  Since the wind was blowing too strong for Tony to work on his metal building in Blackwell, he was able to go with me which was a big help.  Had another exposure last Thursay and he was a little nervous about me going by myself.  Didn't realize that Vick's menthol tissues also had a fragrance added to them.  One more item to add to the "to be avoided" list.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a lovely invitation! We sure had a nice time for my sister's 80th in December and I'm sure your mother will too. Congratulations to her and all of you.
    Looking forward to seeing the quilt. Guess you're looking forward to a new little fellow as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. I love the floral theme and the photos you´ve used from the various eras.

    I´m glad you´re getting on with Avery´s quilt again. You´re always so busy with a multitude of projects it´s no wonder it isn´t quite finished yet. Like Jean, I´m looking forward to seeing it.

    Hope you´ve got over your most recent exposure by now. How awful that something as seemingly harmless is so hazardous for you.

    Keep well.

    ReplyDelete