I digiscrapping and my favorite place to scrap online has been with my friends at Deco-Pages! I was a member Creative Team for 4 1/2 years and had the opportunity to make LOs for all the wonderful designers at Deco-Pages. The site is now closed and I miss it so VERY much!

I am taking a break from my digital scrapping...but to prevent withdrawal symptoms, I am on two Creative Teams for now! Check out their blogs and watch here for my layouts with their great kits!

RETRO DESIGNS
HORSEDREAMN DESIGNS



DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON LOs TO GET A LARGER PREVIEW!


Monday, March 21, 2011

Collage for Mom's 80th Birthday



Journaling:  Digital comes in real handy when making paper projects.  I wanted all these photos included in the collage for the photo display.  I placed them digitally on a 12x12 background to determine the sizes I needed for each photo and flowers and leaves.  I cut, paste, and spread each out on a letter sized background to be printed the exact size needed for the collage.  The cut out pieces were then placed on 12x12 colored card stock.

I used pop dots to raise every other photo and all the flowers and leaves so the collage had a 3-D effect to it.  Lower photo shows the collage at the end of the photo display.  This was a fun project and made a nice keepsake for Meme.

This page was created using Shabby Chic Rooms Part 3 by Retro Designs.  The flowers in the collage are by Jen Hanson from DECO CLUB KIT-APRIL 10-HOME GROWN GARDEN.  The ivy is by Lori Staton from DECO CLUB KIT-JUNE 08-GARDEN PARTY.

Avery's quilt is still on the dining room table...got bumped once again.  Had to take a few days to recover from an exposure which was followed by a sinus infection that required antibiotics which always make me so weak.  So concerned that I wasn't going to be able to get a DVD and a photo display done for mom's 80th birthday party, but I felt well enough Thurs and Fri to get them done.  Takes lots of time to sort through photos and narrow it down to a few.  I wanted to include pictures of grandchildren and great-grands that are so much a part of "Meme's" life.  They were all on the DVD, but not knowing if all attending would have an opportunity to watch the whole DVD, I wanted them on display.  So many photos that I decided to make a collage.  The electricity went out Friday night from 8:30-11:30 and I still needed to burn the DVD and finish cutting out collage pieces and get them placed on the collage. I finished at 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning and got up at 5:30 a.m. to shower and allow time to drive 3 hours to Mother's house. Two of my brothers and their wives met at the church fellowship hall that morning to set up the room and decorate for the party while we were on the road.  With all three of us working on different aspect of the celebration, it all came together and was a fun day for Mom.  Needless to say, I slept most of the day yesterday and am just kinda taking it easy today as I'm still pretty tired.  Hopefully, I'll be back to sewing once again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You must be exhausted, not only creatively but physically too, what with late nights and illness and all the work you´ve been doing recently. You are such a good daughter to have done so much to make your mother´s birthday a memorable one, not only for her but for your entire family. It´s certainly paid off. This is a wonderful collection of memorabilia and a celebration of your mother´s family life.
    I´m sure that Avery will gladly forgive you for not having completed her quilt yet. It´ll be worth waiting for I´m sure and she´s not the only one who´ll be waiting to see the finished masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete