I digiscrapping and my favorite place to scrap online has been with my friends at Deco-Pages! I was a member Creative Team for 4 1/2 years and had the opportunity to make LOs for all the wonderful designers at Deco-Pages. The site is now closed and I miss it so VERY much!

I am taking a break from my digital scrapping...but to prevent withdrawal symptoms, I am on two Creative Teams for now! Check out their blogs and watch here for my layouts with their great kits!

RETRO DESIGNS
HORSEDREAMN DESIGNS



DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON LOs TO GET A LARGER PREVIEW!


Tuesday, January 18, 2011

In Loving Memory ~ A Photo Treasure

Today is Dad's birthday (January 18, 1926 - December 29, 2007) and I scrapped this page with tears in my eyes.  I miss my Dad but celebrate all the loving memories I will always have of him.  

I have this Photo Treasure hanging on my wall.  Written on the back in my grandmother's handwriting is, "Lajuana has asked me for this picture.  Mom"  I was probably 8-10 years old at the time and I still remember standing and looking at this photo and asking Grandmother if I could have it some day.  Dad is on the left and his twin sister is on the right.  His older sister standing behind them died of diabetes not long after this photo was taken.  If you look close, the babies are sitting on a coyote hide and holding carnations.  The convex picture and glass made it impossible to scan so I remove the glass and took a picture to use in this page. 

Helen's distressed candleholder, duck, and frame are right at home with this photo and frame that are slightly distressed as well. You can find previews of Shabby Chic Rooms Part 2 HERE!  You might even find a freebie or two!



1 comment:

  1. Laj, this is such a treasure! Not just the wonderful old picture, but your whole creation and story. And this way you can share it all with everyone.

    ReplyDelete