I digiscrapping and my favorite place to scrap online has been with my friends at Deco-Pages! I was a member Creative Team for 4 1/2 years and had the opportunity to make LOs for all the wonderful designers at Deco-Pages. The site is now closed and I miss it so VERY much!

I am taking a break from my digital scrapping...but to prevent withdrawal symptoms, I am on two Creative Teams for now! Check out their blogs and watch here for my layouts with their great kits!

RETRO DESIGNS
HORSEDREAMN DESIGNS



DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON LOs TO GET A LARGER PREVIEW!


Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Vocabulary Parade

Friday was the Vocabulary Parade at Lawn Elementary.  My DD posted Luke's and Avery's photos on her blog.  "Some the words the students picked to dress up like were awesome and very hard.  For example, when was the last time you heard the word deciduous, metamorphis, osteology, exoskeleton, etc."
"Avery chose dazzle to be her word.  One definition of the dazzle is to shine brilliantly.  She sparkled from head to toe."

"Luke chose fanatic, someone who is very and sometimes overly enthusiatic about a belief, cause or interest.  He chose to be a Texas Rangers fanatic.  The whole school gave a big cheer when he came up to say his word."  Of course, the Rangers were playing in the World Series that night!  Can you tell who Luke's favorite Ranger is?  He got to see them play last summer.

These awesome pumpkins were downloads from the Texas Ranger website which provided a stencil to be used to carve your own Ranger pumpkin!

Retro Designs is featuring her kit "Golden Memories" right now.  Helen's kits are so versatile that I was able to scrap these "kid" pages from this very elegant kit.  Go HERE to preview Golden Memories and pick up a lovely QP, too!


3 comments:

  1. Great layouts of your grand kids! Helen's kits are so beautiful. The stencils you found look great on the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad and Sister are both Osteopathic Doctors, and my son is taking Anatomy right now, so it was funny to see the words in your list. :) Your pages for the kids turned out so cute... they looked so fabulous dressed up as the words! These are great examples of how versatile Helen's Golden Memories is! Great job all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids are both at their dazzling best in every respect! Love Luke´s face paint and Avery´s glitter and what beautiful pages you´ve made to celebrate the occasion. I feel as if the glittering butterfly is about to land on Avery´s shoulder and the pumpkins in Luke´s page give it an extra oomph!

    ReplyDelete