I digiscrapping and my favorite place to scrap online has been with my friends at Deco-Pages! I was a member Creative Team for 4 1/2 years and had the opportunity to make LOs for all the wonderful designers at Deco-Pages. The site is now closed and I miss it so VERY much!

I am taking a break from my digital scrapping...but to prevent withdrawal symptoms, I am on two Creative Teams for now! Check out their blogs and watch here for my layouts with their great kits!

RETRO DESIGNS
HORSEDREAMN DESIGNS



DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON LOs TO GET A LARGER PREVIEW!


Monday, November 14, 2011

A Step Back Into Time at the Wild Plum

OMG...this wallpaper looks so similar to Helen's background paper "red lace retro" in her Golden Memories kit.  I just had to scrap it.  This picture shows the furnishings along the banister overlooking the stairway going down to the first floor.  Loved the stain glass window and how awesome is that lamp hang nearby.

Just opposite this landing to the stairway is the elegant dining room on the 2nd floor.  A nice area for guests who don't want to dine in the large open area downstairs.

Don't ever delete a bad photo without first trying to salvage it.  See original photo below.  I was so surprised to see the color that was in the photo once I lightened it, added some contrast, and increased the saturation some.  I probably should have worked on getting the sun glare out of the photo, but in a way it seems to give reason to all the shadows in the photo and the washed out look of the table cloth.  So I left it.  Those gorgeous turquoise pieces would have never been seen nor these antique pieces of furniture had I just deleted the photo!





3 comments:

  1. Oh, Retro's Golden Memories kit was just perfect for your wonderful photos from The Wild Plum! Your pages turned out lovely! Isn't digital photography wonderful! Back in the day, we'd of sent a roll of film off to be developed and gotten back photos that would be rather disappointing! You did a great job with the photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fantastic save on that photo! Both the scrapbook pages look so beautiful too. Helen's kits are so beautiful and work perfectly with these rooms, especially when they've gone to the trouble of trying to recreate one of her paper designs in their wallpaper. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both absolutely gorgeous! I love the contrast between the warm red tones of the first page (that wallpaper is amazingly like the background paper) and the cool green of the dining room where you´ve so seamlessly blended the background into the photo. The difference between the original photo and edited version is quite astonishing. How clever of you to have seen its possibilities and I think you were right to have left the glare. It draws the eye through the page and makes me wish I could walk through that beautiful room and look out of the window.

    These are definitely among my favourites!

    ReplyDelete