I digiscrapping and my favorite place to scrap online has been with my friends at Deco-Pages! I was a member Creative Team for 4 1/2 years and had the opportunity to make LOs for all the wonderful designers at Deco-Pages. The site is now closed and I miss it so VERY much!

I am taking a break from my digital scrapping...but to prevent withdrawal symptoms, I am on two Creative Teams for now! Check out their blogs and watch here for my layouts with their great kits!

RETRO DESIGNS
HORSEDREAMN DESIGNS



DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON LOs TO GET A LARGER PREVIEW!


Thursday, June 9, 2011

Water Hose, Watering Can, and Cool Summer Fun

"Time Doesn't Stand Still"  I love this QP.  Luke and Avery are shown here watering the crepe myrtles last week when they spent the day with Nana.  Below is the same QP showing Luke in 2007 watering the crepe myrtles and Avery trying to fix the broken water hose.  In the recent page you can see how the kids have grown and it's Avery's turn to use the water hose.  Luke found the watering can and Avery is filling it up for him.  My watering can isn't a unique as Helen's from Time Began In A Garden, but it got the job done and kept both kids busy at the same time.  Later, Avery brought puzzles out to the porch to work while Nana and Luke took turns squirting each other with the water hose.  It has about 10 settings and proved to be lots of fun.  At some point Nana was finishing watering the crepe myrtles and Luke surprised Nana by sneaking up from behind and pouring a watering can of water on my head.  We both laughed and laughed, but Nana got even by drenching Luke with the water hose!  It was very hot, so it made for some "cool" fun!
"Week at Nana's House"  Wow, how time flies.  It is hard to believe it was 4 years ago when this photo was taken.  Mom was out of town and Dad developed pneumonia and had to stay in the hospital.  So even though Mom got back home as soon as possible, the kids stayed with Nana so Mom could be at the hospital with Dad.  We visited Dad each evening.  In the mornings, we played outside.  It was a fun week for Nana, but not much fun for Dad!   For a preview of Time Began In A Garden, GO HERE!  

2 comments:

  1. What a great record of all the good times you and the children have had in your garden. I think the QP works so well with these scenes that you must feel you´re going back in time and watching the fun through the potting shed window. Isn´t it amazing how a photo can bring back to life all the happy times we´ve had? One good reason to keep on scrapping them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy to hear from you!! I was worried that you might be ill; so sorry that someone in your family really was. Hope things are better now. Sorry too the grasshoppers and drought have been after your garden. I know it takes lots more of the watering you show here to deal with it even a little.

    ReplyDelete