I digiscrapping and my favorite place to scrap online has been with my friends at Deco-Pages! I was a member Creative Team for 4 1/2 years and had the opportunity to make LOs for all the wonderful designers at Deco-Pages. The site is now closed and I miss it so VERY much!

I am taking a break from my digital scrapping...but to prevent withdrawal symptoms, I am on two Creative Teams for now! Check out their blogs and watch here for my layouts with their great kits!

RETRO DESIGNS
HORSEDREAMN DESIGNS



DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON LOs TO GET A LARGER PREVIEW!


Thursday, June 9, 2011

Family...Life's Anchor (Welcome Miller Zackry Brown)

 I have been busy with many projects and events, but one of the most exciting event was Papa and Nana Miller welcoming our new grandson, Miller Zackry Brown, into the world and our family.  A few days ago, Mom sent us some of her pics of Miller.  Have you noticed his name is our last name...makes for a proud Papa and Nana Miller!  When I saw the photo of Dad with Miller, I thought, "Where have I seen that cute little face before?"  
                                                                        
I saw that cute face almost 33 years ago...see the photo of Tonia, Miller's mom, the day we brought her home from the hospital.  Big sister, Jennifer is holding her and is Luke's mom.  Luke is shown in the bottom photo the day he came home from the hospital eight years ago...almost to the day.  Luke was born on May 28, 2003 and Miller was born May 26, 2011.  And, then there's Miller shown with his dad, Zack.  Miller Zackry Brown, for now, does favor Mom and Uncle Luke to me, but he definitely got his adorable chin from dad and it is just like Reese's chin.  Babies change almost daily.  Jennifer and Tonia have favored each other at different times over the years, but not always.  Regardless of whom he may favor over the years, Miller is Miller and he is a very special little guy!   (Be sure to click on the picture to get an enlarged view.)

Since Helen was highlighting "Jewelled Sea" I went to this wonderful kit and found the Under the Sea background paper and the anchor.  Loved the colors and the anchor became the inspiration for Family...Life's Anchor.  We are proud to welcome Miller to "the family" and love having Reese, Zack, Bryce and Jojo as members of the "Miller Family", too!  You can see previews of "Jewelled Sea" HERE!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new Grandson! What a cutie! He does look just like his Mom when she was a baby! Your page turned out great! Love the theme you came up with! Retro's kit had just what you needed to inspire you to create this wonderful keepsake! Isn't it great how it works out that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That´s a remarkable family resemblance! If I didn´t know any better I´d have thought these were all photos of the same baby.
    I like the theme of your page a lot and especially the idea of using the anchor. Being adrift on the high seas without one would be very much like having no family attachments so it´s a wonderful emblem.

    Thank you for using my kit for such precious memories. I look forward to seeing more of little Miller as he grows. It´ll certainly be interesting to see if he keeps that amazing resemblance to other family members.

    ReplyDelete