I digiscrapping and my favorite place to scrap online has been with my friends at Deco-Pages! I was a member Creative Team for 4 1/2 years and had the opportunity to make LOs for all the wonderful designers at Deco-Pages. The site is now closed and I miss it so VERY much!

I am taking a break from my digital scrapping...but to prevent withdrawal symptoms, I am on two Creative Teams for now! Check out their blogs and watch here for my layouts with their great kits!

RETRO DESIGNS
HORSEDREAMN DESIGNS



DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON LOs TO GET A LARGER PREVIEW!


Thursday, June 9, 2011

Anticipation...Will it Bloom This Year?!?

Just spent a lovely visit to Jean's blog admiring all her pages featuring some gorgeous irises.  Reminded me of this page I made using one of Helen's QPs from her kit "Time Began In A Garden".  This photo was taken last year and the plant had multiplied from two to seven shoots.  Just counted them this morning and there are 17 shoots.  Looks like I need to read up on how the divide the bulbs.  I was so concerned that they might not even come up this year because it has been so dry.  Started watering the bed heavily and they did come up.  Now I wait and see if they bloom before the grass hoppers eat them.  Actually, I have some Diatomaceous Earth that I use to keep ants out of the cat food bowl.  Maybe I try it on my Japanese Iris?!?  This stuff is organic and I have no reaction to it at all.  The dust is ingested by the bed bug or other crawling insect, or as the insect crosses through the powder, the DE will cut their exoskeleton, causing them to dehydrate and die. Grass hoppers aren't listed on the package, but it's worth a try.  You can read about it HERE!

For a preview of Time Began In A Garden, GO HERE!  

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty and delicate looking I can imagine how wonderful a group of 17 will look. Keeping my fingers X-ed that they´ll escape the dreaded grass hoppers because I´d love to see a photo of the entire iris family.

    ReplyDelete