I digiscrapping and my favorite place to scrap online has been with my friends at Deco-Pages! I was a member Creative Team for 4 1/2 years and had the opportunity to make LOs for all the wonderful designers at Deco-Pages. The site is now closed and I miss it so VERY much!

I am taking a break from my digital scrapping...but to prevent withdrawal symptoms, I am on two Creative Teams for now! Check out their blogs and watch here for my layouts with their great kits!

RETRO DESIGNS
HORSEDREAMN DESIGNS



DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON LOs TO GET A LARGER PREVIEW!


Friday, October 7, 2011

Some More "Pretty Shabby" Pages

Searching through a file titled heritage LOs under Retro Designs, I found the following LOs all of which have a great number of papers and elements from Pretty Shabby but also have a few items from some of Helen's other kits.  Some day when I have more time, I must go on a scavenger hunt and find and label these extra items and kits.  Does make it clear that Helen's kit all work well together. 

The first LO is my Granddaddy sitting in his Dad's lap.  His mother died when he was two and her photo is hanging in the background.  Also note that there are quilts used for the background and on the floor for this photo.  Makes you wonder if the photographer had come to the house to take the picture.

The younger girl in the background is holding a picture of the oldest son, Berry James, who had left home by the time this photo was taken.   This 2nd LO shows some of Berry James' many adventures. 


Found a record of my Grandparents marriage in the church records at the Church's 100 Anniversary Celebration!
How fun to find this LO once again of Granny as a baby sitting in the  "Summer Meadow"  a paper from Helen's Nouveau Summer kit.   The two floral swirls are from "Pretty Shabby" kit.  Go HERE and you will see this baby's great-great granddaughter rolling down a hill in the same meadow!




3 comments:

  1. These are so wonderful and I like them just as much now as the first time I saw them. They are each and everyone beautiful. They are also just priceless with the memories and history of your family. Thanks for sharing them again and showing how well Helen's kits enable memory pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful´s the right word! It´s also fascinating how these pages all relate to each other. I´m most impressed by all of them and all your vintage photos. Your adventurous great-uncle is quite an asset to your family tree and I can imagine that he had some amazing stories to tell of his exploits. What a collection of treasures you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful old photos and priceless pages for your heritage book! Definitely a treasure for you and your family! I agree with Jean, I like them as well now as the first time I saw them, which says alot for your compositions and Helen's kits. As we grow creatively, sometimes the things we did long ago don't appeal to us any more, but these definitely pass the test of time! :)

    ReplyDelete