I digiscrapping and my favorite place to scrap online has been with my friends at Deco-Pages! I was a member Creative Team for 4 1/2 years and had the opportunity to make LOs for all the wonderful designers at Deco-Pages. The site is now closed and I miss it so VERY much!

I am taking a break from my digital scrapping...but to prevent withdrawal symptoms, I am on two Creative Teams for now! Check out their blogs and watch here for my layouts with their great kits!

RETRO DESIGNS
HORSEDREAMN DESIGNS



DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON LOs TO GET A LARGER PREVIEW!


Saturday, January 2, 2010

Luke and His Santa Clause Beard



Found this wonderful poem about shaving and had to make a LO with Luke and his Santa Clause beard. The poem is more about life than Santa...but its a fun LO for this time of the year.

Santa from a tutorial I played around with a few years ago.

Everything else is from Lookin' Good by Deb Ammerman
You can find this fun kit here
http://www.deco-pages.com/product.ph...t=0&page=1

Poem by Salvador G. Valdez
All lathered up in a Santa Clause foam beard
in the reflection of the mirror my little one appeared.

He came equipped with a toy shaving kit.
He said, " Daddy let's get rid of this fuzz and chat while we're at it."

I was just amazed at my son's initiative to converse.
I suppose he is ready to accept advice maybe he is not so adverse.

I thought to myself this is definitely quality time.
I'll dispense all my philosophy to a willing ear and it won't cost me a dime.

Son, life is like a shave with a razor blade.
Some times we catch all the whisker on the up stroke.
Some times we miss them and cut ourselves on the down stroke.
The point is, your face will reflect if in the morning mistakes you've made.

"Daddy, I have no whiskers I have no blade.
Why are you telling me this stuff about life and shaving."
I don't want you to make the same mistakes I've made.

I don't want you to hurt yourself by unnecessary risk taking.
If you learn to be careful with a toy razor without a blade, what a smooth face and life you'll have by the choices you'd made.

Plenty of practice you'll get before your whiskers get tough and hard.
Smooth and smart you'll be because you earned your Shaving School Card.

No comments:

Post a Comment