I digiscrapping and my favorite place to scrap online has been with my friends at Deco-Pages! I was a member Creative Team for 4 1/2 years and had the opportunity to make LOs for all the wonderful designers at Deco-Pages. The site is now closed and I miss it so VERY much!

I am taking a break from my digital scrapping...but to prevent withdrawal symptoms, I am on two Creative Teams for now! Check out their blogs and watch here for my layouts with their great kits!

RETRO DESIGNS
HORSEDREAMN DESIGNS



DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON LOs TO GET A LARGER PREVIEW!


Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to my daughter, Jennifer

Yesterday I made a card for my oldest daughter, mother to my 2 grandchildren. I just love it when random pictures turn out to be perfect for a special project. Had the kids last weekend and we took pictures after church. Wildflowers are a little thin due to lack of rain, but there were a few in the field in front of our house. The kids sat down and I just snapped a picture as they were getting settle and Luke was picking a flower. Avery had already picked a buttercup earlier. It was scratchy so they wanted to stand up...I asked them to show me their flowers. Below is the Mother's day card I made for my daughter...how perfect were these photos!



Inside top quote: Wildflowers are one of God's greatest creations designed not only to give beauty to the world but also for His little children to pick and give to their mothers.

\
Kit used here is Michaele Burkhart of Burkhart Scrapzone Designs contribution to the June 08 Club Kit "Garden Party" at Deco-Pages.com

I'm spending my day making more Mother's Day Cards. Just made this online card for my friend Lindsay who I first met online when her first son, Owen, was about 7 months old. Then came Noah...and just a few months ago baby Isaac was born. I have scrapped these precious boys some and plan on many more LOs of them in the years to come. We have several things in common or should I say opposite in this first instance...she has 3 boys...I have 3 girls...now grown but stair-stepped, too! We both have Myasthenia Gravis which adds challenges to everyday life especially raising young children. Mine were 5th, 7th, and 9th grade when I was diagnosed...those busy teen years, but they could do lots for themselves, so I had it much easier than Lindsay. I have such an admiration for this young lady whose greatest desire is to be a wonderful mother to these 3 little guys in spite of the challenges MG sends her way from time to time. Her faith is amazing and always an inspiration to me.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, LINDSAY!



I made cards for all the children in my Sunday School class to give to their moms for Mother's Day. I get to play and design the fronts and the kids color the inside just especially for mom.
Here's the daughter of the lady who helps me with the class...to the right is the inside of the card that the kids get to color.


Clipart used is from pccrafters.com



1 comment:

  1. Lajuana, YOu are the most thoughtful person I know!!! I had tears in my eyes reading what you wrote. I'm so thankful for you and the way you've blessed my life. God knew I needed a mentor to encourage me on this journey. Before you I never knew anyone with MG. I know you are a wonderful mother and special grandmother. May God bless you always. We'll talk soon...

    ReplyDelete