I digiscrapping and my favorite place to scrap online has been with my friends at Deco-Pages! I was a member Creative Team for 4 1/2 years and had the opportunity to make LOs for all the wonderful designers at Deco-Pages. The site is now closed and I miss it so VERY much!

I am taking a break from my digital scrapping...but to prevent withdrawal symptoms, I am on two Creative Teams for now! Check out their blogs and watch here for my layouts with their great kits!

RETRO DESIGNS
HORSEDREAMN DESIGNS



DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON LOs TO GET A LARGER PREVIEW!


Monday, April 11, 2011

Nature's Reflection


When I was scrolling through the background papers and elements of Heart of Gold just now I came across this lovely "Faded Roses" paper and the shape and color of the roses reminded of the sunset I saw through the french doors last evening as I sat recovering from another busy weekend.  It was an intriguing view since I was looking toward the southeast, the direction from which the sun should be rising. As it turned out, this approaching storm cloud was merely reflecting the sunset in the southwest that was hidden by the wooded area behind the house.  Even as tired as I was, I couldn't resist grabbing the camera and going on the back patio to take a few pictures. The storm clouds continued to develop and brought us a little rain.  It was welcomed even though we could have use much more rain than we received.  If I had rose bushes, I would love if they were just like these digital roses created by Helen.  My daughter has a rose bush and it had a number of pink blooms on it yesterday.

Retro Designs is featuring her Heart of Gold kit right now on her blog.  Both of these LOs are also posted there under my creative team LOs page of Helen's blog.  Follow the link to preview this lovely kit, and you will find the QP I used below showing Nana's Little Jewels as a freebie, too!  Helen jewels are awesome and one of her designing specialties.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sky photos and WOW, how perfect is the kit for them. Love the page you created. Hope you've gotten rested up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful peaceful scenes. It´s hard to believe that they´re the lull before the storm. And how well the pink roses reflect that beautiful colour. What a lovely page to remember a moment in time designed by nature itself.

    ReplyDelete